Town Office & Notices

Posted on by

Hanley Town Office

  • Office Hours: Monday to Friday
    9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
    and 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
  • Box 270, Hanley, Saskatchewan, S0G 2E0
  • Email:
  • Phone: (306) 544-2223
  • Fax: (306) 544-2261

Administrative Office:

  • Darice Carlson, RMA,
    Chief Administrative Officer
  • Kim Bursaw, Office Clerk

Public Notices

Winter Risk Control Services:


Prevent Winter Roof Collapse

Snow is a fact of life in Canada and all areas are subject to regular accumulations and snow storms. Deep accumulations of snow can lead to roof collapse. In addition, rain combined with previous moderate snow accumulations can overload the structure and lead to collapse.  See More Info

frozenpipesPreventing Frozen Pipes

Freezing weather may bring discomforts but one of them, frozen water pipes, can be avoided with a little planning and a few simple steps. When frigid arctic air hits, water freezes, and as it freezes, it expands causing pipes to burst and possible flooding to occur. Domestic water lines, heating and cooling systems and sprinkler systems are all susceptible.  See More Info

Water / Sewage / Solid Waste

Hanley Drinking Water & Sewage

  • Water & Sewer Rates 2016
  • 2016 Notice to Consumers – Drinking Water Quality and Compliance – Hanley
    Sask H20 publishes all the information on the various water systems throughout the province and these reports are available to the anyone. To view the reports for the Town of Hanley’s water system, click on: Sask H20 Water Reports Choose which report you want to view and then in the box ‘Select Waterworks’, choose ‘Hanley Waterworks’ (or whichever water system you want to view)?and click on ‘GO’. Everytime the Town gets the water tested (normally weekly), Sask H20 publishes the resulting tests on their web page.

Dundurn Rural Water Utility

Solid Waste

  • Garbage-Blue Bins & LORAAS Recycling:

  • Collection Schedule – 2017 Waste and Recycling Calendar
    Ensure your cart is rolled out by 7 a.m. on your designated collection day.
    – Containers with inappropriate materials, overweight or over-height will be bypassed by collection personnel.
    – Regular collection on statutory holidays.
    – Collection equipment requires clear, safe access to your cart. Do not place your container within 4 feet of buildings, vehicles, overhead and underground utilities; we are not responsible for any damage resulting from service provision.
    -If you have any questions about your collection schedule call our office during regular business hours: 8am – 5pm Mon-Fri. 306-242-2300
  • YouTube video that shows the recycling process:
    Recycling Process
  • Garbage Transfer Station
    See: Amend Waste Disposal Agreement and Waste Rates
The Hanley landfill has been transferred from being a ‘Landfill’ to a ‘Transfer Station’ due to government regulations. Therefore, every item brought into the ‘Transfer Station’ must be transferred out (or burned in the clean or raw wood pit as supervised by the Town Foreman).
The Hanley Transfer Station Fees also explains the fees for the LORAAS bin and size limits, etc. A copy of the Transfer Station Permit may be viewed by clicking on: Hanley Transfer Station Permit. If the conditions as per our Permit are not followed as set out by the Government of Saskatchewan, then there is a very good likelihood that the Transfer Station may be shut down by Saskatchewan Ministry of Environment and residents will be unable to use the Transfer Station at all.
Hanley Transfer Station ‘Summer Hours’ as follows:
Tuesday: 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Thursday: 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Saturday: 10:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Hanley Transfer Station ‘Winter Hours’ as follows:
Saturday: 10:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Note: The Transfer Station has a tendency to get very muddy when it rains or the snow melts and as such, the agent manning the Station has the authority to close the Transfer Station down if he/she feels it is necessary to prevent people from getting stuck when entering the area.
Concerns regarding the policies of the Town of Hanley Transfer Station are to be directed to the Town Administrator or Councillors.